Eyes are delicate body parts and one needs to be extra careful to prevent medical conditions to inflict damage on them. While there are a number of ailments associated with eyes, some can really make life a constant struggle.
19-year-old Skye Wheeler has been battling excruciating pain and exhaustion which have confined her to one room. The ordeal started when she was 14 and a parasite burrowed into her eye before eating away at it.
The parasite is found in tap water and is believed to have entered through a droplet of water between her eye and contact lens. It has caused an infection which can blind Skye or even lead to her death.